Building Fund

Our Building Fund helps sustain and improve the School in all areas. Donations of any amount are always welcome; no matter how big or small, it all adds up to make a significant difference for our students of today and tomorrow.

What is the Voluntary Donation included on my fee invoice and how does it differ from other fundraisers at St Peter’s Girls’ School?

The Voluntary Foundation Building Fund donation included on your invoice/statement is an option for parents to help meet the costs of education that tuition revenue alone does not cover. Donations to the Building Fund support needs in the current yearly operating budget. It’s been said that from little things, big things grow, and our Building Fund helps us to bridge the gap between the fees paid for tuition and what it costs to educate a child at St Peter’s Girls.

Why should I give to the Building Fund when I already pay for tuition?

Tuition fees alone do not cover the cost of educating a child at St Peter’s Girls’ School. Philanthropy is an essential part of our community life and, like most private schools, Saints Girls relies on other income to help meet our yearly operating costs. One of the Foundation’s largest sources of annual donations is our Voluntary Foundation Building Fund campaign. Parents can easily add a contribution when paying School fees, making a vital difference to the School’s financial health.

Why not increase the tuition if it does not cover all the costs of education?

As part of our mission, we strive to make education at St Peter’s Girls’ School as affordable as possible, so we minimise tuition costs and increases as much as we can. Raising tuition fees to meet all costs would result in some families being unable to send their children to St Peter’s Girls’ School. In addition, contributions to our Voluntary Foundation Building Fund campaign are tax deductible, whereas tuition is not. This gives each family connected to our School an opportunity to take advantage of tax incentives when donating to our Building Fund.

How much should I give to the Building Fund?

The amount you give is up to you. Each family can make a decision based on their capacity to give. The important thing is giving at a level you are comfortable with. We welcome and appreciate all gifts, no matter the amount.

What if I can only give a little? Is it worth it?

Every gift helps us reach our goals. We will be delighted with any gift you are able to make.

Why do we have Voluntary Foundation Building Fund donations in addition to other fundraising?

The Building Fund receives funds directly from the donor and the donor receives no goods or services in return. The tax benefits of giving to the Building Fund make it attractive. All of our Building Fund donations go directly to our School’s Master Plan and other building projects.

How can I give?

Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible, see options below. If you are a current parent, you can opt to include a regular voluntary amount when paying tuition fees. You can select the amount, frequency and which project you wish to support.

Contact Us

Please feel free to contact us on:
Phone: +61 (08) 8334 2244
Email: foundation@stpetersgirls.sa.edu.au

Reference ID for your online donation:

GYM  –  Gymnasium
TAX – Annual Appeal
SC – Sisters Circle
FBF – Foundation Building Fund
SC  –  Scholarship Fund
LF  –  Library Fund

Latest news from St Peter's Girls....