Year 12 Results 2020
Our Year 12 Class of 2020 has reinforced our tradition of success across the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
In a year beyond compare, our girls rose to the challenge, achieving the following incredible highlights:
- Median ATAR of 94.05
- 43% received an ATAR of 95+ (top 5% nationally)
- 43 Merit Awards
Equal Duxes of the School, IB students Ella Liddy and Ellen Zhang, achieved a score of 43 out of 45, earning an ATAR of 99.55, a South Australian university selection rank of 99.95 and 5 merits.
The School’s median IB score was 37, equating to an ATAR of 95.45. Our 2020 IB cohort of 16 students achieved a total of 24 merits across English, Languages, Humanities, Sciences and Mathematics. The percentage of IB grades in the equivalent ‘A’ band was a phenomenal 80%. More than 60 Saints Girls have graduated from the programme since it began at the School in 2014.
In the SACE, Saints Girls’ percentage of Stage 2 grades in the ‘A’ band was a phenomenal 73%, compared with 66% in 2019, 63% in 2018 and 59% in 2017. This emphasises our consistent academic improvement and far exceeds the State figure of 30%.
Two of our talented Music students, Cheri Wong (Year 11 in 2020) and Isabelle Norman, received the Don Maynard Music Prize for the most outstanding achievement in a SACE Stage 2 Music subject. Two other students, Hannah Keough and Abigail Lisle, were selected to display their work at the prestigious SACE Art Show 2021.
Our SACE students flourished across all subject areas, in particular:
- The percentage of Mathematics grades in the 'A' band was 63%, more than doubling the State figure of 31%. In General Mathematics specifically, 83% of our students achieved 'A' grades.
- In Business, Enterprise and Technologies, 91% of students received 'A' grades (State figure - 27%).
- Across The Arts, 89% achieved 'A' grades (State figure - 41%).
- In English, 78% recorded 'A' grades (State figure - 32%).
- In Food and Hospitality, 50% of students achieved an A+ (State figure - 5%).
- Across Health and Physical Education, 44% received an A+ (State figure - 4%).
- Our Year 11 students excelled in Research Project, with 91% recording 'A' grades (State figure - 37%).
- Two of our students were honoured with an exclusive invitation to participate in the prestigious SACE Art Show 2021 for their exceptional work.
45 of our 65 Year 12 students secured early entry to the University of Adelaide and/or Flinders University after applying for pathway programs based on their Year 11 grades.
We congratulate our graduates on their diligence and dedication in achieving these outstanding results, supported by our talented teachers and proud parents.
For more details, click here.
It was terrific to see many of our outstanding graduates from the Class of 2020 back at Stonyfell for our Academic Excellence Assembly in February.
Have a listen to some of their advice for our girls: