Generations in Jazz
Congratulations to our Year 12 students
• 18.5% of students in top 1% nationally
• 48.2% of students in top 5% nationally
Dates for the next School Tours are:
Thursday 25 May at 9am and Saturday 24 June at 9am.
Generations in Jazz Winners!
Our girls were truly on-song at the prestigious Generations in Jazz festival in Mount Gambier last weekend, taking out a swag of awards in a competition involving around 4700 students from schools around the nation. Our Vocal Quintet was crowned best small vocal ensemble in the highest division, one of the top three categories of the event. Our other vocal group was named best large ensemble in Division 2. Our Stage Band also impressed the crowds and four of our girls scored individual honours: Sarah Brownridge received the Ron Denning Award for most promising vocalist competing at the event; Izzy Norman won the same accolade for Division 2; Antonia Kirsten-Parsch (Baritone Saxophone) and Ellen Zhang (Trumpet) were named in the Division 3 Superband comprising the best musicians of their entire section. We thank the girls for their wonderful work and leadership; the positive approach and dedication they have all modelled is one of the main factors in our success and is testament to the calibre of our Music program here at St Peter’s Girls’ School.
Check out the video below to hear the girls in action live on ABC Radio Adelaide.
Director of Music
- I love the small community and great teachers who care not only about their students’ grades, but also well-being and inclusivity for all.
Eloise, Year 11
- As a learner, I want to know more
Gabriella, Year 12
- Even though we have to get up early, I love rowing. Competing at the Head of the River made all the hard work worthwhile.
Sophia, Year 10
- I really like how when you walk down the main corridor, everyone says hi, including the teachers.
Tegan, Year 6
- Things I love about Saints? Non-judgemental, strives for excellence, wonderful opportunities, great teachers, international and multicultural.
Klea, Year 11
- The girls and the teachers are so friendly to be around and you can always get help from anyone in the class.
Dimity, Year 8
- The St Peter’s Girls’ ELC gives my daughter a place to be herself and explore her world in an environment she feels safe in and is immensely proud of.
- Everyone is supportive and it is a great School. I have been here all my life.
Ebony, Year 8
- I have always admired the passion the School has for developing girls who are well-rounded in all aspects of their academic, sporting and personal life.
- I love the girls and the friendly atmosphere. Everyone is really nice and caring. I love being able to come to School and talk to girls from all year levels.
Emma, Year 8
- Good results come from hard work, commitment (on both the teacher’s and students’ behalf) and the establishment of positive relationships between the teacher and the students. Mutual understanding and respect are key.