Bequests

Congratulations to our Year 12 students

We are thrilled to share final results from Year 12 class of 2016.

• 18.5% of students in top 1% nationally
• 48.2% of students in top 5% nationally

Scholarships

Scholarship applications for 2018 entry are now open.

School Tours

Is your daughter starting Reception in 2018?

Junior School Twilight Tour:
Monday 4 September at 5pm

Our next whole School Tour is:
Thursday 14 September at 9am

Enrolment Enquiry

To learn more about St Peter's Girls' School, request a prospectus today.

By making a bequest to St Peter’s Girls’ School, you give a gift that makes a difference beyond your lifetime. Leaving a bequest helps to ensure the School’s success is secure for future generations of girls and enables initiatives and opportunities to be embraced by our students of today and tomorrow.

Scholastica-Society

For many people, a bequest is a way of making a more significant gift than may have been possible during their lifetime. A bequest is a gift specified in your Will. Through a bequest, you can make a gift that will contribute to the future of the School whilst still enjoying your assets during your lifetime.

The Scholastica Society

scholastica1The Bequest Society is named in honour of Sister Scholastica who is a key figure at St Peter’s Girls’ School and her name is well known amongst the wider School community. We believe that Sister Scholastica reflects the history of the School and connects with future generations whilst acknowledging the importance of the Sisters of the Community of the Church. The logo was designed to feature a violet flower emblem as a symbol of her birth name of “Violet Ferris”. The violet flower is universally known as a symbol of faithfulness and promise which has a lovely resonance with the generosity of bequests.

Becoming a Society Member

The Scholastica Society has been established to acknowledge and honour in their lifetime, those who offer a commitment through a Bequest. Although many of our current families, past families, old scholars and friends give regularly to the School Foundation we are aware that others would like to make a bequest in their will. Anyone who notifies us of a bequest in her or his will becomes a member of the Scholastica Society and will receive a membership pin.

Read member testimonials to discover why others have made a bequest to the School. Read some frequently asked questions for more information about making a bequest.

Society members are invited to special functions at the School, associated with School events, such as art shows, drama productions and music concerts. We particularly wish to involve society members in events that interest you.The Scholastica Society allows us to thank you discretely for your support. No one needs to know why you are at these functions.

Expressing your interest

We are pleased to know of your intentions to make a bequest. We will respect this with complete discretion and the degree of acknowledgement that you wish.

Should you be happy to be acknowledged, it is likely your gift will encourage others to make similar commitments “One step leads to another.”

You can bequeath a specific sum of money, a percentage of your estate or a ‘residual’ amount. Bequests can also be of real estate, shares, life insurance policies, jewellery, art or antiques.

You can include a bequest in a new will or add a codicil to an existing will. We strongly recommend you consult a lawyer to discuss your intentions and your lawyer may contact us for appropriate wording.

Further information

To read more about the Scholastica Society, download the brochure or read some frequently asked questions.

Please consider how you can support this important work.

For further information about Bequest giving please contact:

Melissa Westgate
Foundation Manager
Phone: 0407 394 183
Email: mwestgate@stpetersgirls.sa.edu.au

Reference number for your online donation:
TAX2018  –  Tax Appeal Donation
BFMS  –  Building Fund Middle School
BFSL  –  Building Fund Science Labs
BFRC  –  Building Fund Resource Centre
BFGYM  –  Building Fund Gymnasium
SC  –  Scholarship Fund

Our Voice

• I love the small community and great teachers who care not only about their students’ grades, but also well-being and inclusivity for all.

Eloise, Year 11

• As a learner, I want to know more

Gabriella, Year 12

• Even though we have to get up early, I love rowing. Competing at the Head of the River made all the hard work worthwhile.

Sophia, Year 10

• I really like how when you walk down the main corridor, everyone says hi, including the teachers.

Tegan, Year 6

• Things I love about Saints? Non-judgemental, strives for excellence, wonderful opportunities, great teachers, international and multicultural.

Klea, Year 11

• The girls and the teachers are so friendly to be around and you can always get help from anyone in the class.

Dimity, Year 8

• The St Peter’s Girls’ ELC gives my daughter a place to be herself and explore her world in an environment she feels safe in and is immensely proud of.

Current Parent

• Everyone is supportive and it is a great School. I have been here all my life.

Ebony, Year 8

• I have always admired the passion the School has for developing girls who are well-rounded in all aspects of their academic, sporting and personal life.

Current Parent

• I love the girls and the friendly atmosphere. Everyone is really nice and caring. I love being able to come to School and talk to girls from all year levels.

Emma, Year 8

• Good results come from hard work, commitment (on both the teacher’s and students’ behalf) and the establishment of positive relationships between the teacher and the students. Mutual understanding and respect are key.

Anne, Teacher