About Our Building Fund

Congratulations to our Year 12 students

We are thrilled to share final results from Year 12 class of 2016.

• 18.5% of students in top 1% nationally
• 48.2% of students in top 5% nationally

Scholarships

Scholarship applications for 2019 entry are now open.

School Tours

Our next School Tour is: Thursday 19 October at 9am

Enrolment Enquiry

To learn more about St Peter's Girls' School, request a prospectus today.

Our Building Fund exists to help sustain and improve the School in all areas. You can help by contributing a small amount. Donations are always welcome – no matter how big or small. Read more about the way your support can transform the School and improve the outcomes for our students.

fnd-bff

What is the Voluntary Donation included on my fee invoice and how does it differ from other fundraisers at St Peter’s Girls’ School?

The Voluntary Foundation Building Fund donation included on your invoice/statement is a campaign to solicit unrestricted contributions from parents of St Peter’s Girls’ School to defray the costs of education that tuition revenue alone does not cover. Donations to the Building Fund meet needs in the current yearly operating budget, helping to sustain and improve the School in all areas. It’s been said before that ‘from little things, big things grow’, and our Building Fund helps us to “bridge the gap” between the fees paid for tuition and what it costs to educate a child at St Peter’s Girls.

Why should I give to the Building Fund with my fees when I already pay so much in tuition?

Tuition alone does not cover the cost of educating a child at St Peter’s Girls’ School. Philanthropy is an essential part of our community life and, like most private schools, Saints Girls relies on income other than tuition to help meet our yearly operating costs. One of the Foundation’s largest sources of yearly donations is through our Voluntary Foundation Building Fund campaign. Parents can easily make a contribution when paying School fees, and making a vital difference to the School’s financial health.

Why not increase the tuition if it does not cover all the costs of education?

As part of our mission, we strive to make education at St Peter’s Girls’ School as affordable as possible, so we minimise tuition and tuition increases as much as possible.  Raising tuition fees to meet all costs would mean that some families would be unable to send their children to St Peter’s Girls’ School. In addition, contributions to our Voluntary Foundation Building Fund campaign are tax-deductible, whereas tuition is not. This gives each family connected to our School an opportunity to take advantage of tax incentives when donating to our Building Fund.

How much should I give to Building Fund?

The amount you give is up to you. Each family can make a decision based on their capacity to give. The important thing is not the amount, but giving at a level at which you are comfortable. We welcome and appreciate all gifts, no matter the amount.

What if I can only give a little? Should I bother?

Every gift helps us reach our goals.  We will be delighted with any gift you are able to make.

Why do we have Voluntary Foundation Building Fund donations in addition to other fundraising?

The Building Fund receives funds directly from the donor and the donor receives no goods or services in return.  The tax benefits of giving to the Building Fund make it attractive. All our Building Fund donations go directly to funding our School’s Master Plan and building projects. Additionally, many corporations match annual fund donations made by their employees, which can more than double your gift. You can contact Melissa for further information and participating companies.

How can I give?

Donations to the Building Fund are fully tax deductible. You can easily include voluntary amount when paying your school fees, or alternatively, contact Foundation Manager Melissa Westgate to make a pledge. You can select the amount, frequency and which aspect of the Master Plan you wish to support – the Middle School, Resource Centre, Science Wing or Gymnasium. 

Contact

Melissa Westgate
Foundation Manager
Phone: 0407 394 183
Email: mwestgate@stpetersgirls.sa.edu.au

Reference number for your online donation:
TAX2018  –  Tax Appeal Donation
BFMS  –  Building Fund Middle School
BFSL  –  Building Fund Science Labs
BFRC  –  Building Fund Resource Centre
BFGYM  –  Building Fund Gymnasium
SC  –  Scholarship Fund