Congratulations to our Year 12 students
• 18.5% of students in top 1% nationally
• 48.2% of students in top 5% nationally
Dates for the next School Tours are:
Saturday 24 June at 9am and Saturday 12 August at 9am.
An amazing place
At St Peter’s Girls our students dare to ask questions and look at things from multiple perspectives, dare to challenge stereotypes, dare to show initiative and take risks and have an innate persistence that allows them to get up and try again when things don’t work out.
The Sisters who opened our School in 1894 took a chance – they took a risk – sailing from England to the other side of the world to Adelaide, a city they knew nothing about. With a vision for education of women and community social work, they dared to dream – and without that dream the opportunity to educate your daughter at our School simply would not exist. Their legacy lives on through our girls, who as genuine global citizens, dare ‘to be the change that they want to see’ not only in their own lives but within the context of the wider community.
Our students and Old Scholars recognise and embrace their responsibilities to society and they have the wisdom, imagination and integrity to move seamlessly into leadership roles. They are active contributors to their community in many practical ways on a local and global scale during their school years and beyond.
The School community is immensely proud of our reputation as a School that achieves exceptional academic results which consistently place our students among the top performers across the State and indeed the country. Student engagement is paramount to achieving the exceptional academic results for which the School is renowned. Our teachers embrace blended learning, finding the correct balance between inquiry based tasks, online activities and more traditional forms of instruction. The ubiquitous use of laptops and iPads in the classroom has seen our classroom spaces continue to evolve in order to cater for the many different learning styles of our girls.
Our School is far more than a provider of an academically rigorous education. Educating and caring for girls is our area of expertise and we have the view that girls can do anything. Twenty first century education demands that we provide a learning environment that is as dynamic as the world in which it exists, an environment that develops self-directed girls who are independent and resilient; inquisitive girls who are creative and collaborative and reflective girls who are engaged, ethical and critical thinkers, while fostering a strong sense of self and a willingness to ‘have a go’.
We know that excellence in teaching is the single most powerful influence on a student’s achievements. It’s our job to give your daughter that edge, to ease her out of her comfort zone and get her to try something new. We also know that effective relationships and trust are pivotal in facilitating learning, particularly for girls. Our Strategic Plan is designed to support excellence in teaching, learning and caring with broad-reaching programs.
Our academic, sporting, cultural, community service and leadership activities are designed to empower your daughter to chart her preferred educational path, explore individual interests and enjoy rich learning experiences to develop her unique abilities. We believe in giving our girls the autonomy to make choices about the paths they follow at school and that self-determination and energy is reflected by the way they engage in all their pursuits.
At the heart of the School, is our sense of community and it is the way we foster partnerships with our families and their daughters that makes Saints Girls unique.
There’s just so much to see and enjoy at St Peter’s Girls – I invite you to visit and experience our School for yourself. Whether you choose to spend some time on campus with our students, or you prefer to initially tour our grounds and facilities, you will – I am sure – feel right at home, and enjoy the warmth of our very special community.
B.Sc, Dip Ed, M.Ed Admin
- I love the small community and great teachers who care not only about their students’ grades, but also well-being and inclusivity for all.
Eloise, Year 11
- As a learner, I want to know more
Gabriella, Year 12
- Even though we have to get up early, I love rowing. Competing at the Head of the River made all the hard work worthwhile.
Sophia, Year 10
- I really like how when you walk down the main corridor, everyone says hi, including the teachers.
Tegan, Year 6
- Things I love about Saints? Non-judgemental, strives for excellence, wonderful opportunities, great teachers, international and multicultural.
Klea, Year 11
- The girls and the teachers are so friendly to be around and you can always get help from anyone in the class.
Dimity, Year 8
- The St Peter’s Girls’ ELC gives my daughter a place to be herself and explore her world in an environment she feels safe in and is immensely proud of.
- Everyone is supportive and it is a great School. I have been here all my life.
Ebony, Year 8
- I have always admired the passion the School has for developing girls who are well-rounded in all aspects of their academic, sporting and personal life.
- I love the girls and the friendly atmosphere. Everyone is really nice and caring. I love being able to come to School and talk to girls from all year levels.
Emma, Year 8
- Good results come from hard work, commitment (on both the teacher’s and students’ behalf) and the establishment of positive relationships between the teacher and the students. Mutual understanding and respect are key.