Location & Facilities
Saturday 29 October, 9.30am
St Peter’s Girls’ School is situated on 11 acres of manicured gardens and grounds, scattered with heritage buildings and bordered on two sides by natural bushland.
Our magnificent surroundings complement the excellent facilities the School offers and allows students of all ages to learn, grow and play in a stimulating and inspiring environment.
The School boasts a myriad of information technology facilities including computer laboratories, interactive whiteboards scattered throughout the School, desktop or laptop computers in every classroom, a multi-media theatre and Junior School and Senior School Resource Centres.
The School also has scientific laboratories that cater for each of the major areas including physics, chemistry, biology and general science. The School has completed building a $4.3 million Arts Centre, which includes a 600 seat auditorium, stage, upper and lower foyers (when the lower level is in a retracted position), a sprung floor and dance studio. In addition we have a dedicated drama room, music rooms and several individual music tuition rooms. The Arts department is well served by both a Junior School and Senior School Art Room, a Textiles Room and a Food Technology Centre.
Our sporting facilities are able to accommodate a wide range of sports and activities. We have a heated outdoor (25m) pool, gymnasium, as well as several tennis courts, soccer/hockey pitches, a number of netball courts and a multi-purpose indoor sports stadium used for basketball, volleyball, badminton, gymnastics club, aerobics and other sports.
Our Chapel, which is used during the week for Chapel services, can be hired, along with other facilities.
We also have a Health Centre (operated by Registered Nurses) and a School Psychologist, who offers counselling services to the School community.
Several facilities at St Peter’s Girls’ School are available for hire by the public and members of the School community.
The St Peter’s Girls’ School Arts Centre is a fabulous venue for a range of events and performances. The building features a state of the art auditorium, foyer and mezzanine area. The venue can be hired all year round, daily between 9am – 5pm or during the evenings from 6pm – 12am. Whether it is a theatre, music or dance performance, lecture, seminar or professional development session, the space is highly flexible. The lower level of seating folds back, to make way for tabled seating arrangements or added floor space. The stage area is fully equipped with sound and lighting options. The auditorium seats a maximum of 500 guests.
Enquiries can be directed to the Venue Operations Officer, Peter Howie, on 8155 5779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The gym, tennis courts and oval are also available for private hire. These areas may suit twilight cinemas, quiz nights, sporting competitions or practices and other community events. To ensure exclusive use and to reserve specific times, bookings are required and fees will apply.
For further information, contact the Events Officer on 08 8334 2225 or email@example.com
The Chapel of St Peter, Apostle and Martyr.
The Chapel is consecrated as an Anglican place of worship and plays a sacred and central role in the life of our School. Founded by the Sisters of the Church, St Peter’s Girls’ School has a deeply valued tradition of regular chapel worship and the celebration of the Eucharist. In the 1960’s, when faced with the choice of building a boarding house or a chapel, we built a chapel that would seat the entire school from Reception to Year 12.
The Chapel shapes our community that is focused on a strong sense of cohesion and loving acceptance of ourselves and each other. It challenges us to look beyond our individual needs and consider those of the wider community and the world.
The Chapel is available for weddings, baptisms and funerals. For 120 years, the School has celebrated many milestones and we are proud when Old Scholars wish to come back to their School and prepare for their wedding or child’s Baptism. As well as providing a special venue for your service, we can also assist with catering and music requirements. The Chapel also features a pipe organ, and we are happy to assist in recommending musicians.
To learn more about the services the Chapel provides please download Chapel Brochure. For further information about the Chapel, please contact Rev’d Natasha Darke on 8334 2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking enquiries can be directed to the Development Office on 8334 2225 or email@example.com
- I love the small community and great teachers who care not only about their students’ grades, but also well-being and inclusivity for all.
Eloise, Year 11
- As a learner, I want to know more
Gabriella, Year 12
- Even though we have to get up early, I love rowing. Competing at the Head of the River made all the hard work worthwhile.
Sophia, Year 10
- I really like how when you walk down the main corridor, everyone says hi, including the teachers.
Tegan, Year 6
- Things I love about Saints? Non-judgemental, strives for excellence, wonderful opportunities, great teachers, international and multicultural.
Klea, Year 11
- The girls and the teachers are so friendly to be around and you can always get help from anyone in the class.
Dimity, Year 8
- The St Peter’s Girls’ ELC gives my daughter a place to be herself and explore her world in an environment she feels safe in and is immensely proud of.
- Everyone is supportive and it is a great School. I have been here all my life.
Ebony, Year 8
- I have always admired the passion the School has for developing girls who are well-rounded in all aspects of their academic, sporting and personal life.
- I love the girls and the friendly atmosphere. Everyone is really nice and caring. I love being able to come to School and talk to girls from all year levels.
Emma, Year 8
- Good results come from hard work, commitment (on both the teacher’s and students’ behalf) and the establishment of positive relationships between the teacher and the students. Mutual understanding and respect are key.